Top Outdoor Remote Control Helicopters for Aerial Adventures
Remote control helicopters have become increasingly popular over the years, especially for outdoor use. With their advanced technology and design, these helicopters make for great entertainment for both kids and adults alike. Remote control helicopters come in various sizes, designs, and capabilities, making them an exciting and thrilling piece of technology to fly. They are also great for aerial photography and videography, allowing you to capture stunning images and video footage from the air. Whether you are looking for an entry-level remote control helicopter or a more advanced one, there are plenty of options available in the market to suit your needs. While choosing a remote control helicopter, there are certain factors to consider, such as the design, size, durability, and features, to ensure that you are making the right purchase for your requirements. In this article, we will delve deeper into the world of remote control helicopters, including the key features and benefits, as well as some tips for flying them.
Types of remote control helicopters
When it comes to choosing a remote control helicopter for outdoor use, you will find that there are several types of helicopters available in the market. Here are some commonly available types:
- Fixed-Pitch Helicopters – These are the most basic and easy to operate. Ideal for beginners.
- Collective-Pitch Helicopters – These are designed for more experienced users and offer greater maneuverability.
- Quadcopters – These helicopters have four rotors instead of a single main rotor hence are more stable and easier to fly. Also great for aerial photography and videography.
- Gasoline-Powered Helicopters – These are the largest, most powerful and expensive remote control helicopters that require skill and experience to operate.
- Nanos – These are tiny versions of the standard RC helicopters, designed for indoor flying and suitable for small spaces.
There are many websites and online stores that offer a wide range of remote control helicopters for outdoor use. Some popular options include HobbyTron, Amazon, and Banggood. Each of these websites provides detailed specifications and reviews to help you choose the best product for your needs. It is advisable to go through these reviews carefully before making a purchase decision.
What is the best outdoor RC helicopter?
Here are some of the best outdoor RC helicopters:
- Blade Nano CP S – great for beginners and experienced pilots alike
- Syma S107G – affordable and easy to control
- Align T-Rex 700X – powerful and maneuverable for advanced pilots
- DJI Mavic 2 Pro – a high-end option with advanced features and camera capabilities
It’s important to consider your skill level, budget, and intended use before purchasing an outdoor RC helicopter. Do some research and read reviews before making a decision.
Factors to consider when choosing an Outdoor RC Helicopter
When choosing an outdoor remote control helicopter, it is crucial to consider several factors such as:
- Size: It has an impact on stability and flight time. A larger helicopter needs more space to fly but can handle wind better and usually have longer battery life
- Design: Different helicopter designs demand different flying skills.
- Features: Certain helicopters come with built-in cameras or other exciting features you might be interested in.
- Price: Outdoor RC helicopters vary in price, depending on their features and size. Decide on a reasonable budget before purchasing one.
It is worth noting some other interesting things about remote control helicopters, such as:
- The first remote control helicopter was developed in the 1970s.
- RC helicopters are trendy among those looking for a fun and challenging hobby.
- Some outdoor RC helicopters can reach speeds of up to 80mph!
When considering where to make a purchase, read product reviews carefully, and opt for reputable retailers such as Amazon, Banggood, and Blade.
What is the best size RC heli to learn on?
- The best size for a beginner RC helicopter is one with a rotor diameter of between 200-450mm. These sizes are small enough to fly indoors and are easier to control than larger helis like those with a rotor diameter of 600mm or more.
- Smaller size helicopters are generally cheaper, making it easier for beginners to replace parts or buy additional batteries, which will help to keep their learning experience affordable.
- A popular size helicopter for beginners is the Blade CX3, which is a coaxial helicopter that is stable and easy to fly. Other popular options are the Syma S107G and the WLToys V911, both small helicopters with a 200mm rotor diameter.
For more information about beginner RC helicopters, check out RC Hobbies on their website at www.rchobbies.com.au
Best Outdoor Remote Control Helicopters
Here are some of the best outdoor remote control helicopters available on the market:
1. WLtoys V912 Large 4CH Single Blade High Remote Control Helicopter
- 4 channel operation that offers great control when gliding outside.
- 2.4Ghz technology to prevent interference with other RC devices.
- Large brushless motor that delivers high speed and control.
- Comes with a 20-minute long battery life
- Available on Amazon for $89.98
2. Blade Nano S2 RC Helicopter
- 2.4GHz AS3X technology that offers excellent stability in the air.
- Comes with an efficient Brushless motor that offers long flight times.
- Compact size and design make it perfect for outdoor use
- Available on Amazon for $149.99
3. Syma S107G 3 Channel RC Helicopter
- 3 channel controls offering great control for indoor and outdoor use.
- Built-in Gyro stabilization technology for easy control and stability.
- Great for beginners due to its easy to operate characteristics.
- Available on Amazon for $35.98
With their advanced features, ease of use, and great customer reviews, these are some of the best remote control helicopters for outdoor use.
Which company is best for remote control helicopter?
Here are some top companies to consider for remote control helicopters:
These companies offer a range of models with different features and price points to suit your needs. Additionally, you can check out websites such as Amazon, Walmart, and Best Buy for customer reviews and additional options.
Tips for Flying Remote Control Helicopters
Flying remote control helicopters can be a fun and enjoyable experience, but it does require some skill and practice. Here are some tips that can help you make the most of your outdoor remote control helicopter:
1. Choose a good location
- Ensure the area is clear from obstacles and people
- Avoid flying in windy or rainy conditions as this can impact operation
2. Learn the controls and practice
- Take some time to learn the controls of your helicopter
- Practice in a large open area before going out in public parks
3. Keep your helicopter well-maintained
- Ensure that parts, motors and blades are in good working conditions
- Check and replace batteries when necessary
4. Start with Slow Movements
- Start with slow swinging movements and increase speed gradually as you get the hang of it.
- Take time to familiarize yourself with the helicopter’s abilities and how it responds to different controls.
5. Land Safely
- Always plan and prepare for landing, never attempt abrupt landing and avoid accidentally hitting obstacles.
- Gradually reduce the helicopter’s speed and altitude to land safely on the ground.
How do you fly a helicopter remote?
To fly a helicopter remote, you need to follow these simple steps:
- First, make sure your remote control helicopter is fully charged and has fresh batteries in the controller.
- Next, turn on the controller and the helicopter.
- Slowly increase the throttle to lift the helicopter off the ground.
- Use the joystick to control the helicopter’s movement. The left joystick is used for throttling and yaw, while the right joystick is used for pitch and roll.
- Practice hovering the helicopter in one place before attempting more complex maneuvers.
There are many resources available online that offer step-by-step tutorials and tips for flying remote control helicopters, such as RCGroups.com and HorizonHobby.com. Additionally, there are many different brands and models of remote control helicopters on the market, each with unique features and capabilities. Be sure to research and choose the best one that fits your needs and skill level.
In conclusion, if you’re looking for some outdoor fun, a remote control helicopter is a great option to consider. Not only can you enjoy it alone, but you could also bond with your family and friends over the shared interest. There are many remote control helicopters available in the market, and it is essential to pick the one that suits your preference and budget. Additionally, it’s essential to follow the tips mentioned above for a safe and enjoyable experience. Whether you’re a first-time flyer or a seasoned pilot, these tips could come in handy. With practice, it won’t be long until you’re performing flips and tricks with ease. So what are you waiting for? Start shopping around, get your hands on your helicopter, and take it outside for spins, twists, and turns. It’s a fantastic hobby that will undoubtedly bring plenty of entertainment and excitement.