How to Clean a Nitro RC Car: Step-by-Step Guide
If you’re an RC enthusiast, then you know how important it is to keep your nitro RC car clean after every use. Whether you’re driving on the street or off-roading in dirt and mud, your car is going to get dirty. Dirt, grime, and debris can build up on your car’s chassis, wheels, and engine, which could cause damage to the parts if not cleaned properly. The good news is that cleaning your nitro RC car is a simple process that doesn’t take too long. In this article, we’ll go over step-by-step instructions on how to clean your nitro RC car, from removing the wheels to cleaning the engine. With these easy steps, you’ll be able to keep your nitro RC car looking and performing like new.
Step 1: Remove the Wheels
The first step in cleaning your nitro RC car is to remove the wheels. Here’s how to do it:
- Use a wheel nut wrench and loosen the nuts on the wheels.
- Remove the nuts from the wheels along with the washers and wheel hubs.
- Use a soapy water solution to clean the wheels thoroughly using a brush or sponge.
- Rinse the wheels with water and dry them with a clean towel.
It’s important to clean the wheels thoroughly since they’re often the dirtiest part of the car. If you’re having difficulty removing the nuts, you can purchase a wheel nut wrench or use a pair of pliers. Several websites such as Amazon, eBay, and NitroRCX offer a variety of wheel nut wrenches at affordable prices.
How do I clean my RC car?
Cleaning your RC car regularly helps to maintain its performance and extend its lifespan. Here are some simple steps to follow:
- Remove the battery, any loose parts, and electronics from the car.
- Use a soft-bristled brush to remove any dirt, debris or grass clippings from the car, especially around the wheels and undercarriage.
- Wipe the car down with a damp microfiber cloth or sponge to remove any remaining dirt or dust.
- Dry the car thoroughly with another microfiber cloth or towel. Be sure to remove any moisture in tight spaces, such as around the gears or wiring.
- Consider using a silicone spray or lubricant to protect the car’s moving parts and prevent rust or corrosion.
Remember to check your car’s manual for specific cleaning instructions or any precautions you need to take before cleaning.
You can find various cleaning products for RC cars, including brushes, lubricants, and solvents available online or at your local hobby shop.
Step 2: Clean the Chassis
After removing the wheels, the next step is to clean the chassis. Here are some guidelines to follow:
- Use a clean, damp cloth to wipe down the chassis and remove any dirt or debris.
- For stubborn dirt or grime, use a toothbrush or small brush to gently scrub the affected area.
- Dry the chassis with a clean towel to prevent water damage or rust.
Cleaning the chassis is important for maintaining the car’s longevity and performance. It’s recommended to use a soft-bristled brush or toothbrush to gently scrub away dirt and grime since a harsh brush can damage the chassis.
In addition to cleaning the chassis, you can also consider adding a protective coating to prevent rust and wear. Several products are available on the market, including WD-40 Rust Inhibitor and Rust-Oleum Protective Enamel. These products can be found on websites such as Amazon, Home Depot, and Lowes.
|WD-40 Rust Inhibitor
|Prevents rust and corrosion
|Rust-Oleum Protective Enamel
|Dries quickly, prevents rust, and provides a durable finish
How do you clean a dirty chassis?
If your computer’s chassis is covered in dust and grime, it is important to clean it regularly to prevent any overheating or damage to your system. Here are some simple steps to clean your dirty computer chassis:
- Turn off and unplug your computer from the power source
- Open the computer case
- Use a can of compressed air to blow the dust away from the chassis
- Use a small brush to clean any stubborn dust or debris
- Wipe down the case with a damp cloth
- Close the computer case and plug the system back in
Regularly cleaning your computer chassis is an essential part of maintaining your computer, especially if you use it frequently or in dusty environments.
If you need more information or advice on how to clean your computer chassis, you can check out websites such as HowToGeek or products such as the DataVac Electric Duster.
Step 3: Clean the Engine
Cleaning the engine is another important step in maintaining your nitro RC car. Here are some tips on how to do this:
- Remove the engine from the car, if possible.
- Use a soft-bristled brush or compressed air to remove any dirt or debris from the engine.
- Clean the engine parts with nitro cleaner or rubbing alcohol if necessary.
- Let the engine dry completely before storing or reattaching it to the car.
It’s important to clean the engine parts carefully to avoid damaging them. Nitro cleaner or rubbing alcohol can be found at hobby shops or online stores such as Amain Hobbies, Tower Hobbies, and RC Planet. It’s also a good idea to apply after-run oil to the engine after cleaning to prevent rust and corrosion.
|Traxxas Nitro Clean
|Quickly dissolves grime, grease, and carbon buildup
|Powerful cleaning solution for nitro engines
By following these steps and using the right products, you can keep your nitro RC car looking and performing its best.
What is the best way to clean a nitro engine?
- Remove the engine from the vehicle or machine it’s installed in.
- Use compressed air or a brush to remove any loose dirt or debris from the engine’s exterior.
- Spray the engine with a nitro engine cleaner, such as the ones available from brands like Nitroblast, Dynamite, and O’Donnell.
- Allow the cleaner to sit for a few minutes to break down any grime or oil buildup.
- Rinse the engine thoroughly with water and dry it with a rag or compressed air.
- Reinstall the engine and perform any necessary maintenance or repairs before using it again.
For more detailed instructions or tips on nitro engine cleaning, check out hobbyist forums or websites dedicated to nitro RC vehicles or hobby-grade machines. Some sites, like nitrorcx.com, also offer nitro engine maintenance products and specialized cleaning tools.
Step 4: Wipe Down with a Microfiber Towel
The final step in cleaning your nitro RC car is wiping it down with a microfiber towel. Here are some tips on how to do this:
- Use a dry microfiber towel to wipe down the car, starting from the top and working your way down.
- Wipe away any remaining water droplets or debris from the car.
- Make sure the car is completely dry before storing it away.
A microfiber towel is essential for keeping your nitro RC car looking its best. They are soft and gentle on the car’s surface, making it less likely to scratch or damage it. Microfiber towels can be found at most department stores or online retailers like Amazon, Walmart and Target.
|Chemical Guys Microfiber Towels
|Lint free, scratch free, super soft
|$16.99 (pack of 12)
|The Rag Company Microfiber Towels
|Professional grade, ultrasonic cut edge, premium quality
|$22.95 (pack of 6)
By following these steps, you can ensure that your nitro RC car stays in top condition and is ready for use when you want to bring it out again.
How do you deep clean a nitro RC car?
To ensure the longevity and smooth functioning of your nitro RC car, it’s important to regularly deep clean it. Here are some steps to follow:
- Remove the wheels and tires and clean them separately with a tire cleaner
- Remove the body shell and clean it with soap and water
- Remove the engine and clean it with nitro engine cleaner
- Clean the chassis and suspension components with a degreaser
- Reassemble the car and lubricate moving parts as necessary
It’s also helpful to refer to your specific nitro RC car manufacturer’s instructions for any additional cleaning tips.
If you want to explore more about RC cars and its maintenance tips, visit websites like rcdriftkings.com or horizonhobby.com for some useful information and products.
Additional Tips for Cleaning your Nitro RC Car
In addition to the above steps, here are a few extra tips to help keep your nitro RC car looking great:
Store Your Car in a Clean, Dry Place
- After cleaning your nitro RC car, make sure to store it in a clean, dry place to prevent any moisture buildup.
- Consider buying a storage case for your nitro RC car to protect it from dust, dirt, and humidity when not in use.
Use an Air Compressor
- Prior to cleaning your car, use an air compressor to get rid of any loose dust and dirt.
- This will make the cleaning process easier and prevent any debris from getting caught in the car’s wheels or engine.
- Be sure to use the air compressor outdoors or in a well-ventilated area to avoid inhaling any dust or fumes.
Nitro RC Car Cleaning Products
There are many nitro RC car cleaning products available on the market that can help you keep your car in top shape. Here are a few options:
- Traxxas 1814 Body Wash – Designed specifically for cleaning RC car bodies, the Traxxas 1814 Body Wash removes dirt and grime without damaging the car’s paint or graphics.
- Novarossi Engine Cleaning Spray – A specially-formulated cleaning spray designed to remove dirt and grime from nitro RC car engines.
- FlySky Air Blower – An air blower designed to remove dust and debris from RC cars, electronics, and more. Comes with a flexible hose and two interchangeable nozzles.
How do you clean dust out of a RC car?
To clean dust out of your RC car, you can follow these steps:
- Remove the body from the car
- Use a soft-bristled brush, like a paintbrush or makeup brush, to gently sweep away dust and dirt
- Use compressed air or a can of compressed air to blow dust out of tight spaces, such as around the motor and wheels
- Wipe down the car with a damp cloth to remove any remaining dust and dirt
For more tips and tricks on maintaining your RC car, check out websites like RC Driver and RC Universe, or products like Traxxas RC cars and accessories.
Cleaning your nitro RC car is an important part of maintaining its performance and longevity. By following the steps outlined in this article, you can ensure that your car stays clean and free of debris, which can prevent damage to its delicate parts. From removing the wheels and cleaning the chassis to wiping down your car with a microfiber towel, these steps will help keep your nitro RC car in top shape.
Remember to also store your car in a clean, dry place, and use an air compressor to remove any loose dirt or debris before you begin cleaning. And don’t forget about the many nitro RC car cleaning products that are available on the market, which can help make the cleaning process even easier.
By taking the time to clean your nitro RC car after every use, you can keep it looking great and performing at its best for years to come. So, get out there and start cleaning!