The Best Remote Control Helicopter: A Comprehensive Buying Guide
Remote control helicopters are an exciting and popular hobby, loved by people of all ages. They come in a range of sizes, from miniaturized indoor models to larger outdoor helicopters, and offer endless hours of entertainment. It’s no surprise people are interested in finding the best remote control helicopter available in the market. However, given the multitude of options on the market, identifying which remote control helicopter is right for someone can be challenging. There are a variety of factors to consider when picking a remote control helicopter, including its size, speed, maneuverability, and price. In this article, we’ll provide you with the essential information you need to know when choosing a remote control helicopter, review some of the best products currently available in the market, and highlight the benefits of owning a remote control helicopter.
Features to Look for When Buying a Remote Control Helicopter
When choosing the best remote control helicopter available in the market, several features must be considered. These features include:
- Controller: The controller type plays a significant role in the overall performance of your remote control helicopter. Helicopters come with two types of controllers, which are “2-channel” for basic controls or “4-channel” for more advanced controls such as hovering and forward or backward movement.
- Size: Remote control helicopters come in different sizes, ranging from palm-size models to larger outdoor models. Consider the available space for usage and the intended use of the helicopter.
- Control Range: The remote control range differs from one model to another. It’s essential to choose a helicopter that has a range that suits your needs.
- Battery Life: Look at the battery life of the helicopter that one wants as different models have different battery life. Higher battery life is essential when bigger helicopters are preferred.
- Budget: The price of remote control helicopters can range from $30 to over $500. Consider your budget when choosing the type of helicopter that suits your needs.
Best Remote Control Helicopters Available in the Market
|Helicopter||Size||Controller Type||Control Range||Battery Life||Price|
|Syma S107G||Small||2-channel||30m||6-8 minutes||$20-$30|
|Blade 230S V2||Medium||4-channel||200m||5-7 minutes||$300-$400|
|WL Toys V913||Large||4-channel||200m||7-10 minutes||$70-$100|
There are several remote control helicopters available in the market, and we’ve narrowed down the top three options based on features, quality, and price.
What is the cost of remote control helicopter?
The cost of a remote control helicopter can vary widely depending on several factors such as brand, model, size, features, and quality. Here are some general price ranges:
- Entry-level models typically cost around $20 to $50
- Mid-range models with more advanced features can cost between $100 to $300
- High-end models with the latest technology and best quality can cost $500 and above
It’s important to research and compare different brands and models before making a purchase to ensure you get the best value for your money. Some popular websites for buying remote control helicopters include Amazon, Walmart, and Best Buy.
Review of the Best Remote Control Helicopters Available in the Market
After considering the features of various remote control helicopters, we’ve come up with the following review of the best remote control helicopters available in the market:
The Syma S107G is perfect for beginners and is the best budget option. It’s easy to control, lightweight, and affordable. The Blade 230S V2 is an excellent choice for more experienced users, offering long-range control and durability. Finally, the WL Toys V913 is a large helicopter that is stable and easy to fly, perfect for outdoor use.
|Helicopter||Size||Controller Type||Control Range||Battery Life||Price||Pros||Cons|
|Syma S107G||Small||2-channel||30m||6-8 minutes||$20-$30||Easy to control, lightweight, and affordable||Short battery life and limited range|
|Blade 230S V2||Medium||4-channel||200m||5-7 minutes||$300-$400||Great for advanced users, durable and long-range control||Expensive and challenging to operate for beginners|
|WL Toys V913||Large||4-channel||200m||7-10 minutes||$70-$100||Stable and easy to fly, long-range control||Assembly required and less durable than other models|
Interesting Fact: Remote control helicopters were first invented in the 1960s and became popular among hobbyists in the 1990s.
What is the best cheap remote control helicopter?
If you’re looking for an affordable remote control helicopter, consider the following options:
- Syma S107G: This is a popular model with a durable frame and easy-to-control features.
- UDI U818A: This is another great option that is both affordable and beginner-friendly.
- WLToys V911: This model is praised for being one of the most reliable and stable helicopters on the market for its price range.
These remote control helicopters are all available on various online shopping websites, including Amazon and Walmart.
Determine the Best Remote Control Helicopter for Your Needs
Now that you’re aware of the best remote control helicopters available on the market, it’s essential to consider your needs before making a purchase. Here are some tips to help you choose the best remote control helicopter for your needs:
- Consider your budget, as prices for remote control helicopters can range from $20 to $400.
- Think about the purpose of the helicopter. Will you be using it for indoor or outdoor activities?
- Be aware of your skill level. Some helicopters may be challenging to operate, especially for beginners.
- Consider the battery life, control range, and controller type to ensure it fits your needs.
- Read reviews and watch video demos to see how the helicopter performs in real life.
There are a lot of resources online to help you choose the best remote control helicopter. You can check out Amazon, Best Buy, and other online shops to read reviews and find the right model for you. Make sure to purchase from a reputable seller so that you can receive proper customer service in case of any issues.
What is the best remote control helicopter for a beginner?
If you’re looking for a beginner-friendly remote control helicopter, we recommend the Syma S107/S107G. Here’s why:
- It’s affordable and easy to find online or in stores.
- It’s well-built and durable, so it can withstand crashes.
- It’s easy to control and maneuver, with a stable flying experience.
- It comes with a remote control that’s comfortable and user-friendly.
You can find the Syma S107/S107G on Amazon or other retailers. Happy flying!
Benefits of Owning a Remote Control Helicopter
Owning a remote control helicopter comes with a lot of advantages. Here are some of the benefits that you can acquire from having one:
- Improves hand-eye coordination: The use of remote control helicopters requires hand-eye coordination.
- Helps reduce stress: Flying a remote control helicopter can be a relaxing activity that helps alleviate stress and worries.
- Enhances creativity: Once you master the controls of your remote control helicopter, you will be able to do stunts, tricks and create your flight path, which enhances your creativity.
- Bonding with family and friends: Owning a remote control helicopter can be a great way to connect with friends or loved ones with similar interests.
There are also plenty of online communities dedicated to remote control helicopters, where you can connect with like-minded individuals, receive advice, or even participate in competitions. By sharing your experiences with other enthusiasts, you can gain new insights and techniques to improve your skills. You can check out forums like RCGroups.com or helifreak.com to connect with fellow hobbyists.
How hard is it to fly a remote control helicopter?
Flying a remote control helicopter can be challenging, especially for beginners. It requires a lot of hand-eye coordination, patience, and practice. Here are some factors that can make it difficult:
- The wind can affect the helicopter’s flight, making it harder to control.
- The helicopter’s responsiveness can be affected by signal interference from nearby devices.
- The controls require precision and finesse, which takes time to develop.
However, with the right equipment and some practice, anyone can learn to fly a remote control helicopter. There are also many resources available online, such as instructional videos and forums where hobbyists come together to share tips and advice on flying.
If you’re interested in purchasing a remote control helicopter, make sure to do your research and get recommendations from other enthusiasts. Websites like Hobbytron and Horizon Hobby offer a wide selection of remote control helicopters and related accessories.
Purchasing a remote control helicopter can be an exciting and rewarding experience. By doing research, investing in a quality product and familiarising yourself with the controls, you can enjoy the benefits of flying a helicopter right in your backyard. There are many options on the market, and determining the best remote control helicopter for your needs depends on what you’re looking for in a model. Remember to take the time to consider your budget, the type of flying that you want to do, and your level of experience before buying.
Whether you are a seasoned remote control helicopter enthusiast or a beginner who wants to learn how to fly, owning a remote control helicopter can provide you with a fulfilling and entertaining pastime. It’s an excellent way to experience the joys of flying without leaving your neighbourhood. So why not give it a try? Purchase the best remote control helicopter for you and join the community of people who love this hobby.