Top 3 Ready-to-Fly RC Planes for Beginners: An Ultimate Guide
Ready-to-fly (RTF) RC planes are the perfect entry point for beginners who want to enter the exciting world of radio-controlled aircraft. They are pre-built planes designed to be easy to assemble and operate, making them a great choice for those with little or no experience in assembling or flying planes. With RTF planes, beginners can focus on learning how to fly without worrying about building or customizing their aircraft. The planes come packed with everything they need to get off the ground, including a pre-installed engine, radio and control system, and battery. All these features make them an ideal choice for hobbyists who want to learn the basics of RC plane flying without spending a fortune. In this article, we’ll take a look at some of the top ready-to-fly RC planes that are perfect for beginners. We’ll explore their features, pros, and cons to help you make an informed decision when purchasing an RTF RC plane.
The Best Ready-to-Fly (RTF) RC Planes for Beginners
If you’re looking to buy an RTF RC plane, you’ll want to make sure you get a model that is easy to fly and maintain. Here are some of the best ready-to-fly RC planes for beginners:
- HobbyZone Sport Cub S2: Equipped with SAFE Technology and a panic recovery feature, this plane is perfect for beginners who want to learn the basics.
- E-flite Apprentice S 15e: This plane features an advanced stabilization system that helps beginners learn how to fly with ease.
- ParkZone T-28 Trojan: With a powerful motor and durable design, this classic plane is perfect for beginners who want an all-around performer.
These planes are great choices for beginners who want to learn how to fly and operate RC planes without spending too much time assembling or customizing them. Additionally, there are plenty of websites and online stores where you can buy RTF planes for beginners, such as Amazon, Horizon Hobby, and Tower Hobbies. When purchasing an RTF plane, make sure to choose a reputable seller who offers warranties and good customer support.
What is the best RC plane for a beginner?
Finding the best RC plane for a beginner can be overwhelming. However, choosing the right one can make all the difference between a successful first flight and a disastrous one. Here are some factors to consider:
- A trainer plane with a high wing design is generally recommended for beginners such as HobbyZone Champ S+. It offers enhanced stability and is easy to control.
- Electric planes are quicker to set up, quieter and easy to maintain compared to their gas or nitro-powered counterparts.
- Look for a durable plane made of foam or composite materials that can withstand crashes and hard landings.
- Invest in a decent remote control with at least four channels and a range of at least 500 feet.
- Joining a local RC flying club can provide valuable resources, tips, and support on selecting and flying RC planes safely.
There are several websites and shops that offer a variety of beginner-friendly RC planes. Some of the popular options include Horizon Hobby, Amazon, and Tower Hobbies.
Types of Ready-to-Fly (RTF) RC Planes for Beginners
There are several types of RTF RC planes for beginners, each with its own set of features and capabilities. Here are some of the most popular types:
Indoor RTF Planes
- Designed for flying in small indoor spaces such as living rooms, basements, and garages.
- Usually have a shorter wingspan and lightweight construction.
- Great for beginners who want to practice basic flying skills.
Outdoor RTF Planes
- Designed for flying in large open areas such as parks or fields.
- Generally have a longer wingspan and high-powered motor for increased speed and maneuverability.
- Some models feature built-in stabilization systems, making them easier to fly for beginners.
Glider RTF Planes
- Do not have a motor and rely on thermal currents to stay aloft.
- Great for beginners who want to learn basic flying skills and aerodynamics.
- Usually have a longer wingspan and lightweight construction.
Scale RTF Planes
- Designed to look like real planes, such as military jets or commercial airliners.
- Great for hobbyists who want to enhance their flying experience and replicate real-world scenarios.
- Often have a larger wingspan and more complex controls, making them unsuitable for beginners.
When buying an RTF RC plane, it’s important to choose one that suits your skill level and flying environment. There are many online retailers that specialize in RC planes, such as Horizon Hobby, and MotionRC. Some planes also come with accessories such as remote controllers, spare parts, and battery packs, which can be purchased separately or as a bundle. Here is a comparison table of the different types of RTF planes for beginners:
|Plane Type||Indoor RTF Planes||Outdoor RTF Planes||Glider RTF Planes||Scale RTF Planes|
|Power Source||Battery||Battery or Gas||None||Battery or Gas|
|Flight Duration||10-15 minutes||20-30 minutes||Up to 60 minutes||Varies|
What is RTF in RC planes?
RTF stands for Ready-to-Fly in the RC (Remote Control) planes industry. This means the plane comes fully assembled and just needs power to fly. In most cases, the radio transmitter, receiver, and battery are included in the package.
RTF planes are ideal for beginners as they are easy to set up and require less technical knowledge. These types of planes are also available for those who are interested in flying drones or helicopters.
Various RC websites and stores offer different types of RTF planes. You can visit websites like Horizon Hobby, RC Planet, and Hobby King to browse RTF planes and other RC products.
Top 3 Ready-to-Fly (RTF) RC Planes for Beginners
If you’re looking to purchase an RTF RC plane, here are three top options to consider:
1. HobbyZone Sport Cub S2
- Comes equipped with SAFE (Sensor Assisted Flight Envelope) Technology making it easy to fly
- 4-channel control system for increased maneuverability
- Constructed of lightweight and durable materials for added stability and longevity
- Priced at around $200-$250
2. E-flite Apprentice S 15e
- Features an advanced stabilization system for beginner pilots
- Large wingspan and high-powered motor for increased speed and maneuverability
- Ready to fly in just a few hours
- Priced at around $300-$400
3. ParkZone T-28 Trojan
- Classic design and realistic details for a more authentic flying experience
- Durable construction with a powerful motor and large wingspan
- 3S 1300mAh LiPo battery for a maximum flight time of approximately 8 to 10 minutes
- Priced at around $170-$200
These RTF planes are available for purchase online from several websites, including Amazon, MotionRC, Tower Hobbies, and Horizon Hobby. When purchasing an RTF plane, be sure to read the product description carefully to ensure that it fits your skill level and flying environment. Additionally, it’s important to also consider purchasing spare parts and accessories such as batteries, chargers, and propellers to ensure you have everything you need to fly your new RTF plane.
What is a good beginner RC airplane?
Choosing the right RC airplane for beginners can be a daunting task if you’re new to this hobby. That’s why it’s essential to pick an easy-to-fly and durable aircraft. Below are some factors to consider and a list of good beginner RC airplanes:
|Factors to consider||RC airplanes for beginners|
These beginner RC airplanes are easy to assemble, fly and are made from durable materials. They come with beginner-friendly features like an auto-landing button and a wider control range. You can check these airplanes on websites like Amazon or HobbyKing.
In conclusion, ready-to-fly (RTF) planes are the perfect choice for beginners who want to get into the exciting world of RC planes. These planes are designed to be easy to assemble and fly, making it a great starting point for anyone who is new to the hobby. When choosing an RTF plane, consider your budget, flying environment, and skill level to find the right plane for you. Be sure to read product descriptions carefully and consider purchasing spare parts and accessories to ensure you can experience the most out of your new hobby. With the right RTF plane, you’ll be able to take to the skies and experience the thrill of flying an RC plane in no time.