Ultimate Guide to RC Body Shells
If you’re into the world of remote control hobbies, you’ve probably heard the term “RC body shell.” It’s the outermost part of your RC vehicle and it’s responsible for its look and style. Here are a few things you should know about RC body shells:
Choosing your perfect RC body shell: Touring car, buggy, or truck?
The most common types of RC body shells are touring car, buggy, and truck. Here are some details about each type:
- Touring car shells: sleek design that makes them look like real sports cars.
- Buggy shells: more rugged and have a more off-road look to them.
- Truck shells: generally larger and have a more rugged appearance, with realistic details like mud flaps and steering wheels.
Many online retailers offer a variety of RC body shells for sale, including hobby stores like Tower Hobbies and online marketplaces like Amazon and eBay. Some manufacturers also offer custom body shells that can be tailored to your specific preferences. When choosing a body shell, consider both the type of RC vehicle you have and your own personal style preferences.
Where can I find a variety of RC body shells for sale?
You can find a variety of RC body shells for sale at hobby shops, online RC retailers, and auction websites.
Advantages and Disadvantages of Polycarbonate Plastic for RC Body Shells
RC body shells are typically made from polycarbonate plastic, which is a lightweight and durable material that’s easy to mold into different shapes. Here are some interesting facts about polycarbonate plastic:
- It’s commonly used in bulletproof glass and CDs.
- It’s an environmentally friendly material that can be recycled.
- It’s resistant to chemicals and UV radiation, which makes it perfect for outdoor use.
Despite some of the disadvantages of polycarbonate plastic, it’s still the material of choice for many RC enthusiasts due to its strength, versatility, and lightweight properties. To make sure your body shell lasts as long as possible, it’s important to take proper care of it by avoiding heavy impacts and cleaning it regularly.
What are the advantages and disadvantages of using polycarbonate plastic for RC body shells?
Advantages of using polycarbonate plastic for RC body shells include its lightweight nature, durability, and flexibility. However, its transparency may require painting for styling, and it may be vulnerable to scratches.
Expertly Painting Your RC Body Shell – Tips and Tricks
To paint your RC body shell, you’ll need to first clean it thoroughly and then apply a primer coat. Here are some tips for painting your RC body shell:
- Choose high-quality, acrylic spray paint designed for use on polycarbonate plastic.
- Use thin, even coats of paint and allow each coat to dry before applying the next.
- Use masking tape to create intricate designs and patterns.
- Apply a clear coat to protect your design and give it a glossy finish.
There are also many online tutorials and resources available to help you with your painting technique. Websites like YouTube and RC forums offer step-by-step guides and advice to help you create a professional-looking design for your RC body shell. Additionally, many RC hobby shops sell pre-painted body shells if you’re looking for a quick and easy option.
What type of paint should I use on my RC body shell?
You should use polycarbonate paint on your RC body shell.
Enhance Your RC Body Shell with Accessories
In addition to paint, there are many other accessories you can add to your RC body shell to make it stand out. Here are some examples:
- Decals and stickers
- Trim pieces
- Wheel covers
- LED lights
These accessories are widely available at RC hobby shops and online retailers. You can often find them in sets that are designed to complement specific body shell designs. Additionally, many manufacturers offer replacement parts and accessories for their body shells in case you need to make repairs or upgrades. Some popular websites for RC body shell accessories include AMain Hobbies, Tower Hobbies, and Amazon.
What are some popular websites for RC body shell accessories?
Some popular websites for RC body shell accessories include AMain Hobbies, Tower Hobbies, and RC Planet.
Choosing the Right RC Body Shell
When it comes to choosing the right RC body shell, there are a few things to keep in mind. First and foremost, you’ll want to consider the type of RC vehicle you have and choose a body shell that’s compatible with it. Beyond that, here are a few additional factors to consider:
- Style: Do you want a sleek sports car or a rugged off-roader?
- Size and shape: Body shells come in many different sizes and shapes, so you’ll want to make sure you choose one that fits your vehicle properly.
- Quality: Look for body shells that are made from high-quality materials like polycarbonate plastic and have realistic details and features.
- Customization: If you’re interested in customizing your body shell with paint and accessories, consider choosing a design that allows for easy customization.
Ultimately, the right RC body shell for you will depend on your personal preferences and the type of RC vehicle you have. By considering the factors listed above, you’ll be able to choose a body shell that not only looks great but also fits your needs and enhances your RC hobby experience.