Traxxas Batteries: A Guide to Charging and Usage
Traxxas batteries are an essential component of Traxxas RC cars, providing the power necessary to send them zooming along at high speeds. Therefore, new Traxxas battery owners may wonder whether their batteries come fully charged when they first purchase them. The short answer is no, Traxxas batteries do not typically come fully charged when they are shipped to stores or customers. However, they are usually pre-charged to some degree, meaning that they will not be completely dead when you take them out of the box. In this article, we will examine the unboxing experience for Traxxas batteries, provide safety guidelines, discuss how to charge and store the battery, and explore the reasons you might want to invest in a replacement battery. By the end of this article, you will have all the information you need to take care of your Traxxas battery and ensure its longevity and efficiency.
Traxxas batteries are shipped pre-charged to ensure they are fresh and ready to use, but the batteries are not usually fully charged out of the box. The battery voltage is typically around 70-75%, so you may feel like your battery comes fully charged when you take it out of the box, but here are a few things to keep in mind:
- Traxxas batteries come with a small plastic tab inserted between the terminals to prevent contact and accidental discharge during shipping. Before charging the battery, make sure to remove the plastic tab from the battery terminal.
- It is recommended to use a Traxxas charger to charge their batteries. However, there are other charging options available. If you choose to use a different charger, consider the battery specifications to determine the correct charging rate.
- It’ll take about an hour or two to charge a battery with a Traxxas EZ-Peak charger depending on the amp hour rating of the battery being charged.
Traxxas provides comprehensive instructions on their website that you can use to charge and care for your battery.
How long does it take to charge a new Traxxas battery?
– The charging time for a new Traxxas battery varies depending on the type and capacity of the battery.
– The average charging time for Traxxas NiMH batteries with a standard charger is 6-7 hours.
– Traxxas LiPo batteries require a specialized charger and typically take around 1-2 hours to charge.
– It is important to read the instructions provided with your battery and charger to ensure safe and efficient charging.
For further information or questions, visit traxxas.com or consult the user manual for your specific product.
Traxxas batteries are safe, but it is essential to follow safety instructions when handling and charging them. Here are a few things to keep in mind:
- Always use the recommended charger and charging rate for Traxxas batteries to prevent overcharging and overheating.
- Do not puncture, crush or short-circuit the battery. It may lead to an explosion or fire.
- Store the battery in a cool, dry place, away from direct sunlight and heat sources. Avoid storing in temperatures above 100°F (38°C).
To learn more about battery safety and charging tips, visit the Traxxas website or contact their customer support team. Here’s a table showing some common battery types and their specifications:
|Battery Model||Capacity (mAh)||Voltage (V)|
Are Traxxas LiPo batteries good?
Yes, Traxxas LiPo batteries are good. Here are some reasons why:
- Traxxas LiPo batteries have high discharge rates, meaning they can deliver more power to your RC vehicle.
- They are long-lasting and durable, so you won’t have to replace them often.
- Traxxas offers a variety of LiPo battery options to fit different RC vehicles and budgets.
- Many customers have reported positive experiences with Traxxas LiPo batteries.
If you are looking for high-quality LiPo batteries for your RC vehicle, Traxxas is definitely a brand to consider.
Charging the Battery
Traxxas provides a specific charging procedure that varies depending on the battery type. Here are the basic charging instructions:
- Use a Traxxas charger to achieve the best charging performance for your battery.
- Plug the charger into a power source and connect it to the battery’s charging port using the appropriate charging connector.
- Turn on the charger and select the appropriate charging mode based on your battery type and capacity.
- The charger will automatically detect the battery’s voltage, capacity, and temperature and start charging it at the recommended rate.
- Once the battery is fully charged, unplug the charger from the power source and disconnect the charging cable from the battery.
It’s important to note that Traxxas batteries should be charged fully before their first use to ensure optimal performance. Check the battery’s voltage before and after charging using a voltage checker or a multimeter to make sure it’s fully charged.
If you have any questions about how to charge your Traxxas battery or need more information about Traxxas chargers, visit the Traxxas website or contact their customer support team.
How do I choose a Traxxas battery?
When choosing a Traxxas battery, it is important to consider the following factors:
- Battery Type: Traxxas offers two types of batteries – NiMH and LiPo. NiMH batteries are affordable and easy to use, while LiPo batteries offer higher performance and longer run times.
- Capacity: The capacity of the battery is measured in milliamp hours (mAh) and determines how long your vehicle can run between charges. Higher capacity batteries have longer run times but may be heavier.
- Voltage: Voltage determines the speed and power of your vehicle. Traxxas batteries come in various voltages, with higher voltages offering more power and speed.
- Connector Type: Traxxas batteries come with various connector types, so it is important to ensure that the battery you choose is compatible with your vehicle.
Traxxas website offers a wide range of batteries that you can choose from based on your requirements.
When not in use, Traxxas batteries should be stored properly to maintain their performance and prolong their lifespan. Here are some guidelines to follow:
- Make sure the battery’s charge state is between 30% and 70% before storing it.
- Store the battery in a cool, dry place with a temperature range of -10°C to 30°C.
- Avoid exposing the battery to direct sunlight or extreme temperatures, as it can damage the battery’s chemistry and reduce its lifespan.
- Do not store the battery in a fully charged or fully discharged state, as it can lead to overcharging or over-discharging the battery.
- If you’re not planning to use the battery for an extended period, consider storing it in a Traxxas battery storage case or bag to protect it from damage and maintain its charge state.
Following these guidelines can help prevent damage and prolong the lifespan of your Traxxas battery. For more information about Traxxas batteries and storage solutions, visit the Traxxas website or contact their customer support team.
What temperature should Traxxas LiPo batteries be stored at?
Traxxas LiPo batteries should be stored at a temperature range of 20°C to 25°C (68°F to 77°F) for maximum lifespan and performance. Storing them outside this temperature range can lead to long-term damage or performance issues.
Here are some additional tips for proper storage of Traxxas LiPo batteries:
- Store batteries in a cool, dry place to prevent moisture buildup and the risk of fire or explosion.
- Avoid storing batteries in extreme temperatures, such as direct sunlight or freezing temperatures.
- When storing for long periods of time, make sure to charge the batteries to around 50% capacity.
For more information about Traxxas LiPo batteries and other products, visit the Traxxas website.
Traxxas batteries are designed to be durable and long-lasting. However, if you encounter any issues with your battery, it may need to be replaced. Here are some things to keep in mind when considering a replacement:
- If your battery won’t hold a charge or is no longer performing well, it may need to be replaced.
- Traxxas offers a wide variety of replacement batteries, ranging from NiMH to LiPo options, to suit your preferences and needs.
- It’s important to choose a replacement battery that is compatible with your Traxxas vehicle and charger.
- If you’re unsure which replacement battery is right for you, check the Traxxas website or contact their customer support team for guidance.
- Consider purchasing a spare battery to have on hand during long runs or in case of emergencies.
Replacing your Traxxas battery is a simple process that can ensure your vehicle continues to run smoothly. To find the right replacement battery for your Traxxas vehicle, visit the Traxxas website or contact their customer support team.
What is the difference between Traxxas batteries?
- Traxxas offers two types of batteries: NiMH and LiPo.
- NiMH batteries are affordable and reliable, but they do not provide as much power or runtime as LiPo batteries.
- LiPo batteries are more expensive but provide more power and longer runtime.
- It is important to choose the right battery for your Traxxas vehicle. Check the manual or the Traxxas website for recommended battery options.
For more information, visit the Traxxas website: https://traxxas.com/batteries
Traxxas batteries are an integral part of the Traxxas RC car experience. While they do come pre-charged out of the box, it is important to follow the recommended charging and storage guidelines to ensure optimal performance and longevity. Always prioritize safety when handling batteries, and carefully read the instructions before use. If you encounter any issues with your battery, consider reaching out to Traxxas customer support for guidance. By taking proper care of your Traxxas batteries, you can enjoy long hours of thrilling RC car racing and off-road adventures.