Best Gas-Powered RC Cars in 2021.
Remote-controlled (RC) cars have been a fascination for people of all ages, and gas-powered ones offer the potential for impressive speed and power. With so many options out there, it can be tough to decide which ones are the best. When it comes to choosing the ideal gas-powered RC, several critical factors should be considered, including speed, durability, and design. While electric cars are popular due to their simplicity and ease of use, they cannot compete with their gas-powered counterparts. With that said, gas-powered cars are typically larger, faster, and stronger with longer run times, making them more exciting to watch and play with. In this article, we will explore the top five best gas-powered RC cars available in the market today and weigh their pros and cons as we help you make the right decision.
Pros and Cons of Gas Powered RC Cars
When considering whether gas powered RC cars are the right choice for you, there are several advantages and disadvantages to contemplate. Here are some of the pros and cons to keep in mind before making your selection:
- Speed and power beyond most electric-powered competitors
- Realistic engine sounds add to the excitement of driving
- Longer run times mean more fun between charges
- Availability and variety of fuel is easy to find (use nitro gas, also called nitro-methane)
- Most models are relatively easy to maintain and repair, making them easier to customize
- Higher noise levels compared to electric models
- Increased running costs due to fuel consumption and maintenance requirements
- Not as eco-friendly as electric models due to exhaust emissions
- Gas-powered RCs are usually larger than electric ones, requiring more space to operate
- The initial purchase cost is generally higher than electric models, especially for high-end models like the ones we’ll be covering in this article.
Is Gas or Battery Better for RC Cars?
When it comes to choosing between gas or battery for RC cars, there is no one-size-fits-all answer. It all boils down to personal preference, budget, and what you plan on using the car for. Here’s a quick breakdown:
Gas-powered RC Cars
- Greater power and speed
- Longer run time
- Realistic sound and smoke effects
- Higher cost
- More maintenance required
- Heavier and bulkier
If you’re looking for a realistic and powerful RC car for racing or off-roading, gas-powered cars may be the way to go. Websites like www.amainhobbies.com offer a wide range of gasoline-powered RC cars to suit every budget.
Battery-powered RC Cars
- Easy to use and maintain
- Lighter and more compact
- Quieter operation
- Lower power and speed
- Shorter run time
- Lack of realistic sound and smoke effects
Battery-powered RC cars are perfect for beginners or those on a budget. They can be found at websites like www.horizonhobby.com, which offers a variety of battery-powered RC cars for all ages and skill levels.
Ultimately, it’s up to you to decide which type of RC car suits your needs and preferences best.
Top 5 Best Gas Powered RC Demolishers
If you’re looking for the ultimate thrill ride with the power of gasoline, these are the top gas powered RC cars to consider.
Our Top Picks
|Car||Key Features||Price Range|
|HPI Racing Savage X 4.6||2.4GHz radio system, 4-wheel drive, 4mm aluminum chassis||$500-$800|
|Traxxas Revo 3.3||Traxxas Stability Management, 50+ mph speeds, powerful TRX 3.3 racing engine||$600-$1000|
|Losi 5IVE-T 2.0||Large 1/5 scale design, in-cab driver figure, 2-stroke 29cc gas engine||$1000-$1500|
|Redcat Rampage XB-E||Waterproof electronics, powerful brushless motor, anodized aluminum chassis||$500-$800|
|Team Losi Desert Buggy XL-E||4-wheel drive, 1/5 scale design, nearly indestructible aluminum chassis and oil-filled shocks||$1100-$1600|
It’s important to note that each of these cars comes with its own unique set of features and capabilities, which make them ideal for different types of drivers. Prices vary widely, depending on various factors such as size, speed, and durability. These cars are designed for thrill-seekers who want the power and speed of a gasoline-powered engine. With this in mind, let’s take a more in-depth look at each of these cars, their unique features, and what really sets them apart from their competitors.
What’s better gas or Electric RC trucks?
Both gas and electric RC trucks have their own advantages and disadvantages. The choice mainly depends on your personal preferences and needs. Here are some key differences to consider:
- Gas trucks are more powerful and have a longer run time compared to electric trucks.
- Electric trucks are easier to maintain and operate, as they don’t require tuning or fuel mixing.
- Gas trucks tend to be more expensive due to the cost of fuel and maintenance.
- Electric trucks are more eco-friendly and don’t emit harmful pollutants.
If you’re looking for more detailed information about gas and electric RC trucks, check out websites like RC Planet or Horizon Hobby, where you can find a variety of products and resources to help you make an informed decision.
The HPI Racing Savage X 4.6
The HPI Racing Savage X 4.6 is one of the top gas powered RC cars, and has been a popular choice among enthusiasts for many years. It boasts many features, including:
- High torque 4.6cc gasoline engine
- 2.4GHz radio system for precise control
- Heavy-duty suspension for off-road adventures
- Large fuel tank for extended playtime
- 4-wheel drive for exceptional handling and speed
- Sturdy 4mm aluminum chassis for excellent durability
This vehicle is great for those who want a powerful and durable car that can handle off-road terrains. It comes in a range of prices depending on the features you want, typically ranging from $500 to $800. You can find the HPI Racing Savage X 4.6 on many online retailers such as Amazon, HobbyTron, and NitroRCX.
How fast can a HPI Savage go?
The speed of a HPI Savage depends on various factors such as engine size, gearing, terrain, and upgrades.
However, on average, a stock HPI Savage can reach speeds of up to 30-35 mph (48-56 km/h).
With upgrades and modifications, top speeds can reach over 50 mph (80 km/h).
It’s important to note that increasing speed can also increase the risk of accidents and damage to the vehicle. Always practice safe driving and consider upgrades carefully.
For more information on HPI Savage upgrades and modifications, check out the HPI website.
The Traxxas Revo 3.3
The Traxxas Revo 3.3 is another top gas powered RC car, and is known for its speed and stability. Some key features include:
- TRX 3.3 Racing Engine for high performance
- Aggressive, low-profile body for optimized aerodynamics
- Wide track suspension for enhanced stability
- Easy tuning with external adjustment screws
- Large fuel tank for extended playtime
- 4-wheel drive for exceptional handling and speed
This vehicle is great for those who want a high-speed car that can take on tough terrains with ease. The Traxxas Revo 3.3 can cost anywhere from $600 to $900 and can be found on many online retailers such as Amazon, HobbyTron, and NitroRCX. If you want to upgrade the Traxxas Revo 3.3, there are many modifications and accessories available, such as suspension upgrades, high-performance engines, and custom bodies.
How fast does a Traxxas Revo go?
Here are the top speeds for Traxxas Revo models:
- Revo 3.3: 45+ mph (72+ km/h)
- Revo 2.5: 40+ mph (64+ km/h)
- Revo 2.5R: 40+ mph (64+ km/h)
For more information about the Traxxas Revo or other Traxxas products, visit their official website.
The Losi 5IVE-T 2.0
The Losi 5IVE-T 2.0 is a top-of-the-line gas powered RC car that combines speed, durability, and precision. Here are some of its key features:
- 23cc gasoline engine for high power and speed
- 4-wheel drive system with three tunable differentials for ultimate control
- Aluminum chassis and suspension components for maximum durability
- Official license from King Shocks for realistic performance
- Innovative Spektrum AVC technology for improved stability control
- Large-capacity fuel tank for extended playtime
While the Losi 5IVE-T 2.0 is one of the most expensive gas powered RC cars on the market, it comes with top-of-the-line features and unparalleled performance. It can cost anywhere from $1,200 to $1,500 and can be purchased from online retailers such as Horizon Hobby, Amain Hobbies, and Tower Hobbies. There are also many aftermarket upgrades available, such as aluminum wheels, extended fuel tanks, and high-performance engines, making the Losi 5IVE-T 2.0 a great investment for RC enthusiasts who want nothing but the best.
What is the best RC car for $300 dollars?
If you have a budget of $300, you can get a great RC car with impressive features. Some of the best RC cars for $300 are:
- Traxxas Slash 4×4 Ultimate: This RC car is built for off-road racing and offers top speed of 60mph.
- ARRMA Kraton 6S BLX: It is a durable and fast RC car with 60+ mph speed and 22.2V LiPo battery.
- Losi TENACITY SCT RTR: It is a versatile RC car with 50+ mph speed, brushless power system and 4-wheel drive.
You can find these RC cars on websites like Amazon, Horizon Hobby and Tower Hobbies.
Choosing the best gas powered RC car ultimately comes down to your personal preferences and budget. While all the models discussed in this article are excellent choices, each has its pros and cons. The HPI Racing Savage X 4.6 is an affordable option that offers a great balance between power and affordability. The Traxxas Revo 3.3 is perfect for those looking for high speed and agility, while the Losi 5IVE-T 2.0 is the best option for those who want unmatched performance and durability.
When choosing the best gas powered RC car, it’s important to consider the features that matter most to you, such as speed, handling, durability, and price. Always do your research ahead of time, read reviews from other RC enthusiasts, and find a model that fits your needs and skill level.
Overall, gas powered RC cars offer a thrilling and exciting pastime for people of all ages. With top-of-the-line features and advanced technologies, these cars are the perfect way to satisfy your need for speed and precision. Whether you’re competing in races, performing stunts, or simply having fun with friends and family, gas powered RC cars are a great way to enjoy the outdoors and experience the thrill of driving.